Date: Thursday, 23rd July 2020
Time: 11:00am (AWST)
Virtual Event Series
Synopsis and overview of the session
The effect of today’s unprecedented circumstances upon the mining sector has been and continues to be very significant. The lockdown has shown how systems can be overwhelmed impacting remote operations, such as safety of the FIFO workers, monitoring supply chains or demonstrating constant, positive communications with the employees and stakeholders.
This is a pivotal time for leaders to relook at their digital strategy and turn their attention to initiatives that may have been previously deprioritised due to complexity or cost. Now is the time to build resilience, strategically position your company, and enable your staff and customers via multi-channel experiences that fit how they work.
In fact, mining and engineering companies have identified that technology will be at the forefront of their long-term development plans. However the existing tech landscape, limited skill sets and broken digital experiences make this seem like a difficult task for both the business and IT.
Focus Network, in partnership with OutSystems, will be bringing leading IT executives from across the Australian mining sector together, as we discuss how mining and engineering organisations are using low-code platforms to achieve positive outcomes with initiatives that are tied to strategic objectives.
What to expect:
- What is low-code and how can it help you achieve your business outcomes faster and cheaper than traditional development methods.
- How low-code is being used to develop applications for operations, cost management, staff interactions, supporting work from home, tracking worker safety and more – examples and use cases.
- How can low-code be used for modernising legacy applications and integrating siloed, ERP systems into a seamless user experience – examples and use cases.
Paul Arthur, Regional Vice President, ANZ, OutSystems
Paul has spent over 20 years working with IT solutions vendors and partners across both Europe and Asia Pacific. Paul has a passion for improving the customer experience through the power of IT to drive the business value for his clients.
Paul has worked in several different industries and companies from global players to local start-ups, building businesses and teams that focus on customers needs and value drivers above all else.
Paul was employee number one at Cherwell Software APAC and most recently was General Manager at Australian start-up Data Republic.
Matt Coulson, Regional Vice President, Value Consulting, OutSystems
Matt joined OutSytems in 2020; he focuses on deriving value and delivering measurable benefits from digital transformations for clients across OutSystems’ largest enterprise customers.
During his 17 year professional career, Matt has:
- Consistently delivered robust project outcomes, many of which have realised significant return on investment and cost reductions
- Guided clients to make strategic investments which have positively disrupted their organisations and industries
- Applied strong business acumen to rapidly understand each organisation’s strategic imperatives, evaluate their operating environments, analyse competitive threats, connect with senior stakeholders and develop a list of readily deployable initiatives
- Extensive financial analysis capabilities and comprehensive understanding of profitability drivers for a number of key industries, including government, telcos,retail, utilities and financial services
James Harrison, Solution Architect, OutSystems
Solution Architect with 10 years’ experience across integration, data and application domains. Originally studying design & animation, this creative background results in a unique perspective on software architecture. Experienced in architecting value-focused, pragmatic solutions ranging from boutique apps through to multi-million dollar ecommerce programs.
Thousands of customers worldwide trust OutSystems, the number one low-code platform for rapid application development.
Engineers with an obsessive attention to detail crafted every aspect of the OutSystems platform to help organizations build enterprise-grade apps and transform their business faster. OutSystems is the only solution that combines the power of low-code development with advanced mobile capabilities, enabling visual development of entire application portfolios that easily integrate with existing systems.
Named a Top Cloud Employer by Forbes four years in a row, OutSystems has offices worldwide and is currently hiring.
Agenda at a glance
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm – Registration & networking
4.00 pm – 4.05pm – Welcome address
4.05 pm – 5.15pm – 3 course lunch served4.05 pm – 4.45pm – Embracing disruption in the financial services industry: A Privacy versus Security conundrum – Amanda Chan, BlackBerry
4.45 pm – 5.15pm – Demo
5.15pm – 5.45pm – Discussion
5.45 pm – 6pm – Closing remarks