EVENT GUIDELINES – COVID-19 – CORONAVIRUS | NEW SOUTH WALES
Last updated: October 2021
The Focus Network Team looks forward to welcoming you at the Supply Chain (SC) Evolve Forum.
As Coronavirus continues to be front of mind across the world, we wish to assure our delegates that their health and safety is paramount and as such, we have implemented additional measures around hygiene and safe food practices to reduce risk.
The SC Evolve Forum will proceed when is safe to do so following the New South Wales (NSW) Government COVID Safe Event Check List. The check list will be available on site upon request.
To help promote the safety of all attendees, the following measures in regards to hygiene and safe food practices will be adopted:
- Implementation of sanitizing stations at high-touch points; event entrances, catering areas, stages, restrooms etc.
- Additional cleaning services to ensure high-contact areas are being sanitized on a regular basis.
- Cleaning of handrails, ledges, and other high-touch points.
- Cleaning of registration desk/areas and any equipment used such as keyboards & touch screens (where applicable).
- Replenishment of restroom consumables (soap/paper towels).
- Cleaning of catering area tables and seating.
- Cleaning of feature areas including the sanitization of microphones, lecterns and handheld microphones.
- Installation of prominent health and hygiene signage requesting that all attendees clean their hands as they enter the event.
- Promotion of public health and hygiene messaging shared with all attendees in pre-event communications. Messaging will state that if patrons are feeling unwell, they should refrain from attending the event and to seek medical advice.
- Onsite First Aider and medical support as well as a dedicated isolation room if/when needed
- Track and trace forms to be completed upon entry.
As further instructions become available, we will continue to update our plan.
Coronavirus or COVID-19 spreads just like the flu. This is why hygiene is so crucial to help prevent the spread of the virus. We urge everyone to remain vigilant and to help protect the community by following the recommendations of the World Health Organisation:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub if your hands are not visibly dirty, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Avoid physical greetings and contact (handshaking and kissing) and maintain distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. If you have a fever, cough and or difficulty breathing, please seek medical care.
- Avoid the consumption of raw or undercooked animal products.
We ask that you please be mindful of everyone in attendance and comply with requests and instructions where given by staff and signage at the event.
Please monitor yourself for any early signs; a sudden high temperature, feeling very ill, coughing and aches and pains all indicate a possible infection. Please seek immediate medical advice in case you observe any of these symptoms.
If you do not feel well, please do not travel and do not attend the event. In the following scenarios, we ask that you please refrain from attending an event and recommend you seek medical assistance:
- if you have just returned from overseas, please ensure you follow the government’s advice regarding quarantine rules.
- been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the last 14 days (please isolate yourself for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case).
In case you get sick during the event, contact a member of the event team who will arrange medical assistance.
Wearing a face mask is mandatory in some settings. Learn about when you need to wear a face mask, when you can remove it and who is exempt. More information on facemasks here.
Please find below further relevant resources and links:
- The Australian Government Department of Health are actively monitoring the COVID-19 and providing daily updates via their website: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
- Basic protective measures against the virus: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- The Australian Government Department of Health’s isolation guide: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others-from-coronavirus-covid-19/isolation-for-coronavirus-covid-19
Alternatively, please call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
We will keep you informed on any further developments as the event approaches. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
We look forward to welcoming you to the SC Evolve Forum.
The Focus Network Team
For any questions or concerns please contact:
+61 410 899 951
- Download Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park Covid-Safe Event Procedures here
- Download Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park’s Commitment to Clean here
- Closest Hospital to Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park:
Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital
8 Macquarie Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 02 9382 7111
- Where to Get Tested
- Download these event guidelines in PDF format here